Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December Poem

I found a new blog- Chronicles of a Country GirlI haven't had time to explore it, but she has really beautiful photography. She lives in Maryland (I almost typed Virginia, because that's how I felt looking at the photos.) The above photo of the cardinal was copied from her site. There were others I loved, but this one is good to accompany this poem (which I found at Simplekids.net, a sister site to Simple Homeschool, a site I like.)


I Heard a Bird Sing
by Oliver Herford
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December
A magical thing
And sweet to remember
‘We are nearer to Spring
Than we were in September,’
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December.


We are nearer to Spring than we were in September. That can apply to certain seasons of our lives, I think.

2 comments:

Durrett Family Band said...

Love this poem, too. Must read more poetry.

Reluctant Nomad said...

I saw 3 brightly colored blue jays this morning on my run. It was, well, invigorating.