Thursday, February 26, 2009

White flour is the devil.

Taken from a note I just sent my sister-in-law:

"I've been an emotional wreck for a good two weeks. I even bought a package (large) of Oreos. I think Brandon's had 2 and yet, 2/3 of the package is missing. Huh."

Oh, and I forgot to mention that in that same shopping trip, I bought Ritz crackers.

The world as our family knows it is coming to an end.

Or at least, we're probably moving soon and my subconscious thinks I'll stay put in my comfort zone if I'm too fat to move...literally.

On the bright side, today was my turn to teach preschool. We learned about birds. They thumbed through picture books to answer questions about birds while I illustrated and sounded out their responses...Ooooo, letter-sound recognition on the sly! We read a book that introduced us to several kinds of birds and we imitated their songs. We made birdfeeders w/ pinecones, peanut butter, and birdseed. Then we went on a "nest hunt" and walked to a tree with a nest in it. Then we played at a nearby park. Finally, we walked home for snacks (cough-Ritz crackers and cheese-cough) and stories.

1 comment:

Reluctant Nomad said...

You EARNED those Oreos with that fantastic preschool day. If I did that? I'd be eating oreas right now too. :)